The danger of science denial | Michael Specter

1. Al Rino

August 11, 2019 at 3:43 am

There's no such thing as proof any longer. Money, and, greed have corrupted all morals to the point that no one can trust the science.

2. Critical Inception

August 14, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Plane, not planet. I really don't need YouTube to recommend propaganda like this.

3. warlockgamer111

August 14, 2019 at 6:51 pm

I'm watching this video in my intgr chem/physics class.

4. wulphstein

August 17, 2019 at 11:02 pm

There is also the danger of denying God. Why would anybody deny the existence of God, when the very first sin is to believe something that is physically impossible?

5. John McElroy

August 26, 2019 at 6:12 am

I don't think most people distrust science, but having been lied to by "scientists" and pseudoscientists for centuries, they don't trust what they say. Science doesn't say anything, When someone says "the science says…" I can be pretty confident they are expressing an opinion, not a fact. And most people don't have time to examine and analyze all the evidence for every topic to learn the truth. And even those that do that research don't agree. So they take a cursory look at evidence, apply the bias of their own beliefs, and pick a side. It's funny to me how there is so much finger pointing at people of faith for letting their beliefs get in the way of trusting scientists, when the scientific community itself is engaged in an ideological confirmation bias that colors the scientific literature in a way that never would have been acceptable even a few decades ago. But what do I know, I am just one of those "science deniers". The host talked about whether you would go forward in time or backward. I would go forward given the choice, and I am confident that I would find at some point the scientific "consensus" of today will have been relegated to the proverbial dust bin where it belongs.

6. cq33xx

September 8, 2019 at 1:37 pm

there are hiv patients that deny the existence of the virus and of the sickness that it causes. ask yourself if they transmit it consciously would you blame them for killing intentionally another person or you would excuse them because they supposedly didn't ''believe'' they could do damage??

7. Happy ClamGuy

September 10, 2019 at 11:45 pm

Blow me, Mr. Specter.

8. Neal Cowboy

September 12, 2019 at 10:21 am

This guy glosses over important exceptions and caveats to the point where one could say he’s a very poor representative of the scientific community

9. Kill Team Charlie

September 13, 2019 at 7:17 am

GMO's are made from surprisingly unsophisticated methods, and they are not safe. There are good reasons why people are losing faith in your religion of Science