Studying Engineering in Germany

Students who are coming from abroad and are thinking about becoming an engineer will find very good conditions of education in Germany. In Esslingen, we offer the international study programme Automotive Systems. It is taught in English and aims to enable students to develop complex control systems in modern vehicles. For me it was something really new because I could see how real world works, what the engineers have to do every day and then you have an idea of what you are going to do later on. To study engineering in Germany you should enjoy mathematics and sciences and have a passion for solving technical problems. If you want to study engineering then you don’t have to be a genius like most of the people think. You just have to have passion for something. There are a lot of fields that you can study like cars or airplanes or whatever. You just have to like what you do. Besides technical knowledge, an engineer also needs social competences, especially communication skills. In our globalised world prospective engineers should be able to efficiently communicate in international and intercultural teams. To me, living in Germany is more than studying. I have met many nice people, a lot of German and international students. There are so many things to do in your spare time in Germany. You can go on trips and explore nearby cities. One really enjoys the quality of life in Germany. Well, our international students have good opportunities on the job market. About 30 per cent get employed directly in German companies. Then, there is another group that works for German subsidiary enterprises in their home countries. The last group of alumni finds highly qualified jobs in engineering companies in their home country. This was my dream to go out and explore the world, to see more. You just have to believe in yourself and try this and you won’t regret. I would say it’s an experience that changes your life.

1. Alien Machine

April 24, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Sehr Gut

2. Soulsbreaker

April 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I want to study in germany!
    thats my life dream

3. newwarsovereign

April 24, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I am a foreign student from Hong Kong, and I am current studying physics and mathematics in local university. I am very interested in the studying engineering in Germany, does my bachelor study make it difficult for me to receiving postgraduate engineering education in Germany? And since I lack bachelor degree of engineering, does solely master in engineering in Germany make me eligible to be employed as professional engineer, both in Germany and worldwide? Thank you.

4. Samo46dr

April 24, 2013 at 5:05 pm

engineering in german universities: 8 sem ENG-diplom oder bachelor/master ?

5. KarateWurm

April 25, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Bachelor/Master

6. Zero Star

April 27, 2013 at 7:47 am

University of applied sciences Esslingen:
    Bachelor of Eng.: 7 semesters
    Master of Eng.: 3 semesters

7. NITRoTALPUr

June 10, 2013 at 3:34 pm

i want to do masters in petroleum engineering plz tell me any good uni in germany

8. Samuel Yudi Jones

June 12, 2013 at 2:13 am

man, Germany is so boring…..

9. Luis CC

June 23, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Computer Systems 🙂

10. Daniel Clemente

July 24, 2013 at 3:59 am

Why do you think so?

11. ME & MY ADVENTURES

September 23, 2013 at 7:50 pm

i need your guidance , i am doing diploma in civil engineering in English laguage! after that i want to study in Germany for bachelor in civil engineering! (in English language universities)

Email me please >
    [email protected]

12. Study in Germany

September 25, 2013 at 6:21 am

Dear Prateek,
    our database will be of great help to find find suitable courses: daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/de/?p=l&q=civil+engineering&degree[]=1&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0
    Best wishes, your DAAD-team

13. Dragutin Vujovic

October 10, 2013 at 7:29 pm

How many classes are devoted to optical recognition (of pedestrians, another cars, signs.. ) on this master course?

14. Vipin ST

December 16, 2013 at 4:04 am

Which German university is this?

15. Waranle

June 8, 2014 at 6:43 pm

That French student is embarrassment to his country" France" couldn't he find a respectable university that offers what he was looking for? Folks this only means that French education is fallen behind European standard.

16. Alexis Juarez

July 24, 2014 at 12:23 am

soy mexicano y tambien creo que para ser ingeniero no necesitas ser un genio solo tienes que tener pasion ,,DANKE!!

17. Andreas Sexauer

November 21, 2014 at 5:30 am

see although mood.tu9.de with insights into 9 german technical universities.

18. Bas Bas

June 21, 2015 at 2:05 pm

i want to know what can a graduate from engineering school do after graduation ? i want to study in germany but i don't know the universities that i can be admitted to ? !! can anyone help please !

19. Gaurav Sharma

January 19, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Thank you for the help.
    Could you please share which marks should I share B.sc or M.sc Marks ?
    I have done m.sc in instrumentation and wish to go with my masters degree as it is up to the mark for germany score grade, instead of my B.sc . so please share ?

20. Preetam Negi

January 22, 2016 at 8:19 am

+Study in Germany
    Can you help me to convert Indian percentage to german credits points i am not able to fill the form.

21. Karthik Suresh

February 12, 2016 at 10:34 am

I want to do umdergraduation in Germany. I am an Indian and want to know all the requirements for me to get accepted in a German University. Please Help

22. Nepali Rulers

June 8, 2016 at 7:02 am

hello me Roshan
    I want to study aeronautical enginering how can I apply

23. Shahriar Hussain

July 21, 2016 at 9:33 am

hello can i ask if the automotive engineering is taught in english

24. AhmedCool

August 10, 2016 at 4:52 pm

hi im from Egypt and would like to study in germany…i just graduated from high school ..i would love to study mechatronics engineering or civil please let me know if this is possible this year

25. AJ Styles

September 2, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Is there any scope of PR in germany for indian students?

26. Sunraj Tharu

November 21, 2016 at 5:01 am

is there any English taught university around oldenburg?? please let me know?? and to join university, I have to do Germany language??

27. aniket khot

February 9, 2017 at 8:27 pm

hey i am from india . are there any courses regarding production engineering for masters?

28. prabath varun

May 18, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Please suggest me how to choose universities and how to apply for them??
    What are the basics required to study in germany ?
    Scores needed in TOFEL and GRE etc..
    please give me some guidelines..

29. bassamel3nzii

May 25, 2017 at 2:14 am

Hallo ,
    wenn ich mit dem Bachelor in Medizin Technik abschließen werde ich ein Ingenieur oder brauche ich noch Master damit ich ein Ingenieur werden ?
    Dankeschön.

30. Behrad baghaei

June 10, 2017 at 1:42 pm

i'm iranian and studing mechanical engineer in iran and i hope i study my major degree in germany

31. Shemsy

June 26, 2017 at 4:09 am

Hi, I am a Saint Lucian Male (16 years of age) thinking about going abroad to study engineering in Germany because of the renewable energy plans you have ,the seeming dependence on R and D and the small business and vocational fueled economy, which I really quite respect the country for. In a sense I'm inquiring if my certificates as a Caribbean educated individual will be satisfactory( CSEC,CAPE( next pursuit)and also S.A.T) I'm also involved in many extracurriculars here if that's what's needed to fill the gap. I'm not quite sure because you don't have my country as an option for verification in the certificates category (I also attend St. Mary's College here if that helps with the verification)(my real name is Shemar, Shemsy is a nickname and I use it on sites like this to remain anonymous )

32. Oscar Martínez

July 22, 2017 at 12:21 pm

This was kind of weird for me. Because I just finished a Master in the Hochschule Esslingen and I'm Mexican too hoho.
    Great experience, definitely has changed my life.

33. Ricardo Bauza

July 30, 2017 at 4:07 pm

How can I contact Alfonso Rivera? I'm a mexican mechatronics student about to finish the career and I want to do a masters in automotive engineering and Esslingen is one of my options. Thank you in advance

34. Harsh Pherwani

August 18, 2017 at 5:03 pm

I'm from India and I wish to study computer Engineering in Germany after completing my Diploma in India, what are my chances of getting there?

35. Spaceman258258

September 16, 2017 at 7:26 pm

You just to believe in yourself and have parents with a shit ton of money

36. Mds Iphone

September 19, 2017 at 3:32 pm

I want to study in Germany

37. gtm opl

January 16, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Whatever Germans do they never reach the mathematical level of the greek engineer. We may not have labs as yours but no one can reach our mathematical and physics level. Where are the germans in the formula competition? They cannot see us and they have BMW AUDI and MERC. We dont have a single car industry. And we are always in the top5.

38. Nara

May 26, 2018 at 6:04 pm

Just wanna say here people coming from overseas to do their bachelor studies in Germany should be careful,especially with engineering courses.I have been studying mechanical engineering at the RWTH Aachen for the past 4 years and am in the process of switching to a private university here.The rankings you see online for the top notch universities only applies and makes sense if you are going there for a masters degree,Phd,or for research.From experience I can say doing a bachelors course in Germany at the so called TU9 places is risky.I would advise future engineers to do the bachelors at a a smaller university where you would get more attention and support from the professors and the system.This is super important if you want to get your bachelors done in a decent time,because the unis here are notorious for students spending 7 years for a bachelors degree.And being in a foreign country,the last thing you want is to struggle with your exams.Nobody will warn you that its getting too long and the exams are piling up.At some time you will realise it and it will be too late because the foreigners office will start giving you problems once you exceed the standard study period (7 semesters).It's easy to get lost because you are one in 1,000 students for a single course.

It's smarter to go to the elite universities for your masters,or if you have a specific research project in mind.Almost all of the money from the state and investments from the industry and the focus goes to the research faculties,educating the bachelor seeking students is an afterthought or secondary objective.I am saying this not to be judgemental,but to save you guys/girls the potential trouble and headache because to get a job in Germany you need a masters anyways to stand out and be competitive.Good luck to those going to Germany soon but always keep your mind and options open once you are there 🙂

39. X - Champ

September 7, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Hi i am doing an automotive engineering.How can i do masters in german?Do i have to learn german language?where should I apply ?

40. Sami Al-qerany

September 15, 2018 at 7:02 am

Im from iraq
    Im at 2nd stage
    Is there any chance for me ?

41. Mohamed Aboraya

October 21, 2018 at 6:25 pm

Hello I’m from Israel and I want to study car engineering in stuttgart germany how can i sign and ask about somethings

42. Chazman

January 1, 2019 at 4:06 am

Damn. I would love to go back and get a BS in Engineering at a German University (if taught in English, haha).

43. hilmican kale

January 30, 2019 at 10:21 am

Hello I'm from Turkey .I am studying at Electric electronic engineer.Now, I am studying prep school.I want ask one question: After I graduate own university, Can I find easily job in Germany ? Of course, I have to complete good degree.

44. Ezo Liu

February 21, 2019 at 4:46 am

thought pop will benefit in knowledge&skills anyway as long as 1 is able to get there,&engineer oriented program rely more on practical skills,who knows,get to know more future engineers technicians from all over world, sometimes colleagues & classmates r teachers too,or anyone who has good idea&willing to share is respectable

45. Salman Nawab

April 21, 2019 at 11:39 am

How about having a degree in accounting and Finance in gemany ? Does it has scope there in germany as for engineering field?

46. Bảo Wind

June 29, 2019 at 12:03 pm

2:47 What software name? Thank you!

47. KrabbenLazer