My Goal: Knowing Jesus – Matt Greiner / August Burns Red

I know that underneath it all I can go this direction and that direction this direction or that direction and I’m not gonna get what I truly need until … I go to God. My name is Matt Greiner. I play drums for the band August Burns Red. My number one aim is to know Jesus and to care about what he thinks of me more than anyone else and to have Him as number one in my life. I started the band when I was 17 in my
basement in Mannheim Pennsylvania. And I have been living on the road for the
past seven to eight years now. I never would have predicted that my career or even my hobby would have been playing drums in a metal band. I grew up on a farm, i had a very normal upbringing, great family, great home. I worked as a landscaper and I played drums on the side. And it just so happened that playing drums was something I loved to do so much that after a full day of landscaping or school – whatever it was – I came home and I went into my basement, sat down at my drum set, picked up my sticks and played and lost track of time. But something was happening to me while I was just so ambitious about playing drums and it didn’t seem like anything was standing in my way. Things fell into place with August Burns Red, I met up with a few friends in Mannheim,
which is the small town I’m from and we clicked – from the first practice. We got along so well. We liked the same music and we liked the same style and we said: Let’s start writing music together. And so we did. That was in 2003 and now it’s 2013, 10 years later, and I’m still doing it. And I still love it. And I’m surprised on one hand that I still love playing drums and on the other hand I’m not surprised at all because I believe it’s a gift God has given me and it’s been amazing to see people respond to August Burns Red and even something as simple as playing drums all around the world. I’m just thankful that God gave me this ambition to play and if a metal band is the arena that
I’m supposed to be playing in right now – let’s do it, you know. Ok, well this is funny to answer because my
own family didn’t like the way my band sounded. It’s very subjective. There are some christians that believe that hardcore and metal and this style of
music is straight from the pits of hell. And what’s ironic is – I don’t have a hard
time agreeing with them sometimes just based on the sonic value. When you hear someone screaming it’s not something you imagine to be happening
in peaceful heavenly places. So … … while I understand, it’s just not simply
a stereotype thats very true most of the time. When people don’t understand
something it’s easy to be afraid of it. So a lot of times it’s just a matter of showing them the lyrics or … showing them Jake and saying:
“Here is the man behind the scream he is awesome, you know, he is a great guy. I promise you there is nothing in him that’s
– you know – that’s worshipping satan. It sounds abrasive and it sounds rough but it’s
really not as – you know – bad as you think it is.” My favorite song from August Burns Red lyrically is a song called Meridian. And it’s my favorite song because it has a verse in it from the book of Jeremiah. And the verse is, it says: “Those who survive the sword will find favor in the desert.” And – at the time when i wrote it – it had a lot of meaning in my life
because I was going through things that just seemed to make absolutely no sense. And that verse is very reassuring in that it seems to say that if you go through the toughest things that there is a meaning, there is significance to it. And on the other side maybe you won’t even see
why you had to go through the difficult stuff but it’s worth it – it’s worthwhile. And the second part of the lyric in the song says “I will make this mess a masterpiece”, essentially “I’m the painter making this mess a masterpiece”. And I think that’s an amazing way of describing how I can look around and maybe all I can see is just destruction and disaster and adversity but I’m not God. And it’s probably the case that God knows a lot more than me and that he has a design and a reason for why things are the way they are. And so that song is just a reminder of how good God is in spite of how frustrating life can be. Though it’s not a song with a lot of lyrics, i think the lyrics in it are really significant. It’s easy as a kid in a christian home to accept God. Because you are told: “This is God. He is truth. And you need Him. And here’s the bible.” And so you say: “Ok. I’m being told this is the truth.” And typically you take it as such. And then there is probably a time in your life when
you rebel and you say: “There is no way this is true. And I’m gonna push it away and run from it in the other direction.” But the interesting thing in my life has been the fact
that touring has taken me all around the world in – you know – many different cultures. Many different
world views and many different religions. And I had a conversation with someone one time
where they said: “It must be the case that you believe less in God than you ever have because you have been around the world, you have
seen all this different religions. You have heard all these people’s opinions. How can it be that you believe in a God that’s different than someone else’s God and you’re saying that your believe in God is more valid than theirs.” My response I think in general to that thought is that if God says, in the bible, that his son Jesus is the only way to Him then you can totally agree with that and you would say you have to have Jesus to get God. Or – you would have to say that Christianity is wrong altogether. But you couldn’t say that Christianity and … – say – Hinduism or Buddhism or anything else can run parallel lines to God because
there is no room for that in Christianity. And I think single-handedly touring has – you know –
opened my eyes to that more than anything. Because it used to be as a kid I would think: “Well, ok I’m being told that God – you know the
christian God – is the only God and the only way to Him is Jesus” and
so that’s easy to accept as your faith. But it’s much more difficult to believe
when you’re talking to someone who swears on their life that – you know – their god is the true god. And you are looking at a human being. You know you
are looking at someone that might as well be you. And they are saying the same thing as you
just about – you know – their respective god. And it makes you really question why you believe what you believe. So my faith and my relationship in God has changed drastically over the years. But I would have to say it’s deeper and richer and more robust than it’s ever been in my life. Well, I wanna say my greatest goal is to have a family that I can pass my legacy on to and .. but the more I think about that the less I think it would do for me. Family – while it is very important to me and I would almost say the most important thing in my life – I would have to say that the greatest goal,
the greatest aim that I could possibly have is to know Jesus and to put His opinion of
me higher than anyone else’s. Because … if that’s the case then when I’m on my death-bed it will be a lot easier to grieve the loss of family as I leave them or they leave me if Jesus is my Savior and He is my comforter – than … to not have Jesus as number one and see someone
in my life go that I care about very much and … them not being able to help me grieve because they are passing away. So my number one aim is to know Jesus and to care about what He thinks of me – more than anyone else – and to have Him as number one in my life. From personal experience when I have struggled with trying to feel God and find Him, figure out where He is and why don’t I
feel Him or see Him working in my life, I think the easiest thing to do is just to ignore the spiritual part of your life. To ignore your heart or the soul aspect
of your life. But I think that.. number one that’s impossible to do because I think everyone has something build in them innate that says: “You need something more than everything
you see around you.” You can … play sports to the best of your ability, you can play
this instrument to the best of your ability, you can … succeed in your job and become a millionaire,
you can have the best family in the world. But … none of those things are going to give you what
in the bottom of your heart you really need. But thanks be to Jesus we have access to everything we need because of His sacrifice on the cross and so I think all leading up to that point – when I’m not feeling
God and I’m feeling so distant from anything thats godly or holier, you know, encouraging and hopeful, I have found myself coming back to my faith most easily
when I think about Jesus and the sacrifice on the cross. And to the degree I know Him and I realize how much
He loves me and how much He did for me on that cross is the degree to which I understand no matter what
I’m going through and no matter how distant God feels – His love for me is still there. The bible promises:
“Draw near to God and I draw near to you.” It’s a promise. There are endless promises about
God’s love and affection and His pursuit of us. In Matthew it says: “Knock and the door
will be opened. Seek and you will find.” And if you believe in the bible and if
you believe in God and you believe that the bible is the infallible word of God than you have to say that God is always there, He is always pursuing us. And … life is full of seasons. And next week it might be tough and I don’t want to pray, I don’t want to read the
bible, I don’t wanna do anything with god. But … I know that underneath it all I can go this direction and that direction, this direction or that direction and I’m not gonna get what I truly need until … I go to God.

1. hoood

August 12, 2013 at 8:24 pm

i love the guy but his response to "why jesus" is the same response that most Christians give and they refer to the bible immediately. That doesnt cut it for rational thinkers ..(rationalist being an awesome sing makes this an ironic lol) Hes has basically condemned everyone who isnt a christian to his religions "hell" by saying that. "either jesus is the only way to heaven or the whole of Christianity is wrong" Thats a very stilling quote and helps raise a massive issue that many have.

2. dan r

August 16, 2013 at 2:28 am

been listening to some abr since 2008, i mean the song didn't change my life i had met the lord in 2001, however i never had a foundation of music and people with song in my life until i heard redemption by abr then composure then constellations came out then the rest is history,,, meridian i still listen to that song and sing when the verse hits like in the middle of the song, so beast jake so beast. matt brent jake jb dustin.. rescue restore is awesome . god is good. peace dan.

3. hoood

August 16, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Yes but it is a subjective view and a choice to think/believe that jesus is the only way (and i realsie that believing in god that this statement may not seem "true" to a christian). the point where the truth seems objective to a Christian, is accessed by making a subjective decision to follow jesus.

My point is, that its not a good enough answer. Its almost insulting to other religions. To each…

So thats why when religious people say things like thata lot of people roll their eyes and sigh.

4. IrishFists

August 18, 2013 at 2:20 am

He seems almost disconnected, intense dude, mad respect

5. SirWilliam theBold

August 20, 2013 at 1:41 pm

The part from Jeremiah 31:2… I read that one day in the Bible, and then realized it was part of Meridian. Haha, my mind was blown.

6. Anthony James

August 21, 2013 at 3:47 am

Well done, Matt. I have a lot of respect for this man.

7. jsjsjshs fofofod

August 22, 2013 at 4:55 am

Such an inspiration! God bless his life!

8. Travis_717

It's Internal Cannon from the album Leveler

11. Joe Spain

September 1, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Thanks Matt

12. Derek Harris

September 2, 2013 at 8:46 pm

This is so cool. Praise God.

13. Dwiki Ramadhan

September 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm

eventhough im not a christian ,i love the positive messages in this kind of music

14. LawSheep

September 5, 2013 at 7:30 am

He signed a drumhead for me a few years back at warped tour. Very humble guy and i'll always respect him.

15. Jhovany Isidro

September 9, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Matt is real and raw this guy knows wassup!!

16. SHA8UTIE

September 26, 2013 at 5:51 am

I don't get what your problem is?

17. amosh nagarkoti

September 27, 2013 at 7:08 am

he is awesome

18. Ian

September 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Well the truth is that you can't prove that Christianity is real, nor is it out job as christians to convince others that it's real. We are only supposed to live as christians and share our faith with others but it's not our job to force them to believe. I think Matt is saying that his experience with the bible has convinced himself that it is real by what it has done in his life. All he can do is share that with others and then it's between that person and God if they will believe in it or not

19. Neyla França

September 29, 2013 at 11:57 am

That is just awesome. This man rules 3

20. Josa Mend

September 29, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Alguien podria traducirme al español lo que dice… se los agradecere

21. Marc-Antoine Lévesque

September 30, 2013 at 1:10 am

Matt is awesome but believing in any religious entity, having to believe in something that you dont really know if it exist just to justify everything you do or everything you are is just small minded…

22. Moulie415

September 30, 2013 at 7:02 pm

haha "as simple as playing the drums", i wouldn't call his playing simple lol

23. sherman614

October 1, 2013 at 5:08 pm

How is believing in something small minded? Wouldn't choosing not to believe in anything just because you can't see it and explain it small minded? Not believing in any possibilities beyond your perception? No one said religion justifies what we do, it's something we believe with our hearts, and makes us and others happy.

24. bassguyme

October 2, 2013 at 5:15 am

You're cool

25. Tony Sze

October 3, 2013 at 3:14 pm

But Matt… promise me not going one direction.

26. Kurt Rummel

October 5, 2013 at 1:32 am

This band is awesome. I am a practicing Buddhist and have been metal fan all my life. Although I don't necessarily agree with 100% of the perspective. Jesus has always been cool in my book and I respect this guys view. It's great to push the envelope and step out of the same old in music. Positive message is good for a change. Jesus is metal!! so is raw expression of heart and mind!

27. Timothy Brogan

October 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Meridian is my Favorite song. Lyrically

28. sherman614

October 8, 2013 at 9:13 pm

I believe in science also. I believe in god, I'm a Christian. However, I don't believe science doesn't exist, i know that everything has a way it works, and can be explained through science. I believe we are all created by God, and the universe was created by God. I know that science can show how things work, but I don't believe they just came from nothing. Even a lot of atheist scientists are saying now that evolution is impossible. That's my belief, I'm not trying to start an argument 🙂

29. Bean's Butter Review Wagon

October 11, 2013 at 5:18 pm

same yo!

30. Brett Harris

October 21, 2013 at 12:30 pm

it brings me great joy to know that your number one goal is to know Jesus and have him number one. I love your faith, your faith will be one of the most important aspects in your walk in Christ. Build your faith and relationship with Christ by reading more and more of the Bible. Keep searching after him earnestly, know who you are in Christ, and build your relationship daily. I Love you Brother, never lose your faith and keep pressing into the Word!

31. HingleMcCringleBerry

October 29, 2013 at 7:56 pm

would you rather believe in the part of science that says all of us people were just a random accident and we have no purpose on earth than to live and die for nothing. Personally I choose to believe there is a greater purpose, whether I am wrong or right. If I died and was wrong, at least I lived a life based on good moral principles. -peace

32. ScannerDanner

November 9, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Thank you Matt for showing my children how to not be ashamed of your faith in Jesus Christ. I will see you on the other side my brother in Christ.
    BTW you guys rocked the house in Pittsburgh last weekend. I was there with my wife and two oldest boys. Thought the floor was going to collapse…seriously!

33. Baniman

November 11, 2013 at 11:47 am

I just love that the band is breaking the stereotype of people who like metal as a genre of music.. if your words are for and of God, I think it really doesn't matter to Him how you send them off, be it singing, prayer, or screaming your lungs out.. it is said God looks at your heart, and the band is just the perfect example of it..

thank you for making such wonderful music..

please come back to the Philippines.. 🙂

34. BLTspace

November 13, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Well, I like Matt as a drummer… but i'm disappointed that he is a "believer".  I'm not trying to disrespect anyone but as soon as someone claims to dedicate their existence to being approved and loved by God… I can no longer take them seriously, i'm sorry.  Great drummer though.

35. Ian Serrer

November 14, 2013 at 6:30 am

Amen Matt. God is always present and the more we pursue, the closer we draw nearer to him and to the Kingdom. Thank you for your words and your example man.

36. Sherman Davis

November 19, 2013 at 6:11 pm

He JUST said he practiced for hours everyday whenever he could. Why is he giving the credit to god? Like wtf you worked hard for your amazing talent! You deserve the credit! Dont tell these young people that practice doesnt make perfect only god does! Thats so wrong

37. Ben Roth

November 28, 2013 at 4:38 am

Sick interview! Matt, you're my inspiration. On a different note, I love how the one camera is set up on a practice pad 9:20

38. George Lianos

November 30, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Matt and the rest band are so nice guys. You believe so much in god and that's the right. I believe that God choose you to brink people with your music into Him. Our world is going to the distraction.People are so unfaith and that's the results. Everyone cares about themselves. But Jesus says to love all people. Even the poor. Those who leave on the road. So guys if you believe in god and Jesus faith means is nothing if you don't love the whole world.You will go to god only if you do good things

39. Inqbus DREW

December 1, 2013 at 9:05 am

This has really encouraged me I have been getting very distant from God and just listening to what you have to say about your assurance of God and his love for us all and your testimony and such has instilled a better understanding of God and interpreting things

40. Matt B

December 4, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Funny thing is, Jesus and metal actually go perfectly together.

41. Jon Bradley

December 4, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Meridian is my favourite song!!!!

42. hammer bob

December 18, 2013 at 2:09 am

Matt has a steve carell vibe to him.

43. Taylor Prevost

December 24, 2013 at 4:28 am

So awesome to see a band that keeps the fire and loves God more than anything

44. Jan van Dalen

December 29, 2013 at 5:28 am

Very encouraging

45. Mike A

January 2, 2014 at 4:58 pm

faith must be questioned or it cannot be strengthened. much respect matt.

46. Will Tierney

January 2, 2014 at 11:14 pm

I have an unreal amount of respect for this guy. He's fucking awesome m/

47. Sam Gilbert

January 3, 2014 at 4:01 pm

See you in England in a few days brother!! ps: thanks for your testimoney

48. Michael Ruggieri

January 7, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Comes home from work,
    comes home from college,
     plays drums until he has completely lost track of time. . .
    thanks god for the 'gift' matt greiner himself practiced so hard to achieve.

MATT GREINER stop being so ignorant, YOU worked for your drum skills not the imaginary man in the sky, dont fear this judgemental god, dont fear jesus. dont let this 2000 year old book control you, make your own way like you have, and thank yourself for the hard work you put in.

49. victor lara

January 8, 2014 at 5:25 am

Hes not wrong for whatever he believes in i dont believe in jesus but i believe he is someone to follow as a person follow his ways, and God isnt a person or something you can scientificlly measure or rationalize God is Love a vibration that flows in everything, Love is the way even when like matt said all you see is fear God will always be with you, in a spiritual sense your essence is the heart your first organ is your heart not your brain, follow your heart

50. Sue Ellen

February 5, 2014 at 6:39 am

Matt, what a great testimony AND one of the best drummers I've ever heard. I do know this: IF GOD IS WITH YOU, WHO CAN BE AGAINST YOU? Play on brother, play on! My love goes out to you a wonderful part of "The Body of Christ"

51. Luis Rojas

February 8, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Thank you Matt for real, i'm a drummer from Puerto Rico, and this you speaked moved my faith like boom and inspire me to follow again the true king of kings, and, to continue with progress in my musician life, thank you too  soulsaver tv for recording this. God Bless you people!

52. Dominick Guerra

February 9, 2014 at 12:53 am

This guys just talkin from the heart. Music is still his passion!

53. Jared Hire

February 26, 2014 at 3:59 am

This is awesome! Thanks for doing this!

54. Matt Menacho

March 3, 2014 at 3:09 am

I would wonder what Matt would say if asked his opinion on Homosexuality…

55. Shayd Wells

March 25, 2014 at 1:12 am

I'm not sure if you're gonna believe me, but hit me up some time matt. I'm the new jesus

56. Robin Olsson

March 28, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Jesus <3

57. Ricky Josey

April 29, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Good on ya matt burns red

58. Connor Kennedy

June 3, 2014 at 1:51 am

He lives a great life!!! The reason why is he lets God in his life no matter what happens!!

59. Rafa Said

June 18, 2014 at 3:13 am

Great drummer, great band, and great testimony! If you're watching this, you are searching something, and that is GOD, may God bless you. John 3:16.

60. spewdog grant

July 1, 2014 at 12:36 pm

lost  understanding of this band God only exsists in your mind
    iam not scared of what exsists iam as a person bigger thanyour god

61. Ry Guy

July 9, 2014 at 4:11 am

Christianity is the only religion that has a god that can tell the future. Hundreds if not thousands of biblical prophecies are historically accurate. And no other holy book does that.

62. Super Novacore

July 29, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Another example of parents programming him to be the way they want him. Hes a great drummer and a great guy, just his views are skewered.

63. John Barrameda

August 5, 2014 at 12:05 am

Thanks Matt. This might not reach you but its fine. Whats important now is that I've watched this video and you touched my heart so much like something's good and positive gonna grow in me. Rockn'roll! ABR!!!

64. Boban Krstev

August 31, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I know that I dont have watch this video if I dont like the subject to it, but I felt like I have to know what he has to say. He worked his ass off to get to the level where he is as a drummer and he still thanks god?!? Cool stuff I have to admit, god being number one in his life!??! He seems like a good person, cool dude and great drummer, too bad he is brainwashed

65. Andrew Konkey

November 5, 2014 at 5:51 am

I cannot begin to explain how much I love this band and Matt as my fellow brothers in Christ. He's officially my favorite drummer and ABR was the best concert of my life! God Bless August Burns Red for years to come!!!

66. i James

November 26, 2014 at 6:32 am

Do you think that God loves to hear heavy metal rock music? Come to think of it please.

67. JC Denton

December 21, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I love this band so much. Their message is really great. My girlfriend doesn't even really listen to them but she loves their lyrics because of the way they speak about Christ. God bless these guys.

68. Daiton1100

December 31, 2014 at 1:26 pm

It is so funnny when in my shuffle playlist goes something from ABR and then smthn like Procreating Satan 😀

69. H4music Harless

January 12, 2015 at 3:35 am

this is so inspirational

70. Zachary Tyler

January 14, 2015 at 5:00 am

one of my fav bands, in top 5 easily. but godamn matt is kinda weird. he talks like hes reading off a paper and seems kinda dillusional LOL.

71. HHXcrisp

February 22, 2015 at 10:36 pm

I no longer feel guilty playing drums in a metal band knowing god hates it. Haha

72. Insanity On A Bun

May 11, 2015 at 4:28 am

Amen, Matt!

73. zBranMan

June 5, 2015 at 4:41 am

I have so much respect for this guy. he is starting to become one of my favorite drummers.

74. Jun Lee

September 1, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Amen! Praise the LORD for giving you clear discernment to understand HIM. I am very motivated by your video as I am struggling my life goal as a christian. Thank you very much for sharing this video. I wish I had found it much sooner. As for the negative view on your worship style using your talent, drum and rock music, it is between you and GOD. HE knows your heart. As we have more and more non-denominational churches and modern worship forms, there is equal amount of criticism. It is difficult to say they are right or wrong without knowing their heart and motive. However, one thing I know is to only look up to JESUS and worship HIM with ALL I have whether it is culturally suited form of worship or another. If your pure worship is accepted by GOD, I am sure it will also touch many people to glorify HIM. Many blessings to you and your loved ones Matt.

75. jay masters

September 30, 2015 at 12:58 am

talent god given? give yourself some credit man, you worked your ass off to get so good.

76. Kimber Zimmerman

December 29, 2015 at 10:15 pm

great band…great interview thanks

77. Valteilson Dos Santos

January 3, 2016 at 12:50 am

musica evangelica

78. First Last

January 15, 2016 at 5:21 am

Christian metal is by far one of the best genres out there. Lots of talent.

79. Skeptic Ginger

January 17, 2016 at 11:33 pm

There is no way to say this without people being offended, and I also disclaim there are many many intelligent Christians in the world, but can we agree that unless this guy was raised with these beliefs that he would give his "glory" to the Christian God?

80. Acid Techno Man

January 29, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Jesus, the selective savior. Save some but not others.

81. Eric Downs

February 11, 2016 at 4:50 am

I'll just outright say it. From 10:50 – 11:11 I "believe" what he means to say but fails to because of a lack of understanding of his own philosophical qualms, is that people seek to do good to others. Having a family is good and all, but if you achieve nothing and don't interact with anyone, how do you know you lived. My understanding of religion is that jesus or jebus, or shiva, or the flying spaghetti monster has nothing to do with that.

82. Anil Carrier

March 9, 2016 at 10:03 am

Fair play. It's more controversial to say you are a Christian than a Satanist these days, haha.

At least, a LaVeyan Satanist

83. N R

April 10, 2016 at 4:59 pm

God does not hate metal. if u use it to glorify and praise him why is it bad?

84. Johnathan LeBlanc

May 17, 2016 at 1:42 am

I'm Honestly glad that I found a metal band where the members are actually Christian such as me and are open enough to say so…Like now a days it's hard to listen to band like Parkway Drive as a Catholic because i very much did love the sound but then came Atlas and in which had songs such as Blue and the Grey which was beautiful to some standards and Slight of Hand where I was puzzled like "I know there atheist but why these lyrics?" And then there is Ire…On top of that when your parents hear that and get upset…Just don't catch the wrong idea, I believe that's how they feel and i'm cool with that some what. And they were one of bands I loved to listen to (especially The Negotiator off of Don't Close Your Eyes)

It just warms me to find a band like this and the songs and the lyrics…they may stray from the traditional Catholic music but keep the hidden messages. Like I truly believe that God can work in such mysterious ways for the better good. And I'm not to ok about admitting that i've listened to (great sounding) songs with horrific lyrics. I just hope other people that also like August Burns Red come to at least comprehend the point I wish to get across.

85. Nicholas Mirusso

January 8, 2017 at 5:10 am

Poor Guy, can't ditch the delusion. It's almost as if Horus, Attis, Krishna, Dionysus, and Mithra were fake…

86. Alexandra Shymko

July 2, 2017 at 7:07 pm

pfff

87. Wassup Foo

September 5, 2017 at 8:38 am

What if u we're listening to devil worshiping music and you want to go back to god now? Will he forgive?

88. Chase Santiago

September 15, 2017 at 4:27 am

yooo how did he have an apple watch in 2013

89. Mighty Marcore

January 10, 2018 at 8:57 pm

doe's he agree to the pope?

90. Kyle Heffernan

March 26, 2018 at 7:52 am

Amen Matt! Well said, you’re the man!

91. Jeffrey Gulapa

April 23, 2018 at 3:30 pm

you give me inspire to do it playing drums with jesus thankyou so much matt your so great and powerful share to message of jesus! Godblessyou!

92. PrinceOfM4rs20 __

June 20, 2018 at 4:51 pm

Unreal how many people come here to spew hate. If you don’t believe in God thats totally fine, but at least have the common decency to be tolerant of those who do. If you can’t do that, then that puts you in the same boat as all the other bigots in the world. Believers and non-believers can absolutely coexist but it requires us to work together, not against each other. To each their own, and all that.

93. Erik Pehrsson

July 10, 2018 at 8:47 pm

God bless him!!

94. Tsunami Dream

September 21, 2018 at 3:46 am

Jesus bless you Matt and August Burns Red…

95. Kamehamedouken

October 24, 2018 at 2:14 pm

So glad you've stayed the path over the years. If He's the one that says He's the only way, and He's proven Himself to you over the years, it just is what it is 👍

96. Andrey Blakesley

November 17, 2018 at 8:50 am

Yes and Amen!!!! Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. I love you guys, all of you Jake, Matt, JB. You guys rock. Just to say that about metal style music is an act of worship. Just like the word says, whatever you do, do it all in the glory of God.

97. Tristan Blerf

February 15, 2019 at 11:36 pm

I'm glad to see Matt sharing the mutual love between him and God, despite the millions of starving children living in poverty for nothing they've even been able to do. It's okay though, because Allah is doing a great job for them and the one's killing themselves and hundreds in pursuit of self interest. God bless America, amiright

98. Laurent Gilles

April 17, 2019 at 6:17 pm

Yes follow JESUS👑❤❤❤ BRO GOD👑❤❤❤ IS OUR ONLY KING, REJECT SATAN AND EVIL. AMEN👑😘😘😘